How to Influence People
Audience: This course benefits anyone wanting to improve their influencing skills
Duration: A one-day course (can be delivered in-house)
Do you want to handle conversations with ease and confidence? Do you want get results will minimal effort? In this practical course, you will learn a number of modern techniques in furthering your influence on people and knowing how to handle a variety of complex situations. You will learn how to influence others around you, from co-workers to your clients, to your customers and to your boss. You want to get maximum effect from your actions and get people do what you want. By the end of this course you will be able to influence others positively in the direction of your choice
This highly interactive course includes a range of role plays and group discussions that will help you with many aspects of changing opinion and avoiding conflict through positive influence. In this course you will learn:
- How critical it is to know your goals before you can influence people
- How to think win/win and get the most when dealing with anyone
- How empathy and listening can be effective in building a long-term relationship with others.
- How to gain commitment without using power, position or status
- How to ask anyone to do anything and get positive results
- Why being diplomatic comes to pay you back in spades
- Explore a variety of diplomatic techniques when talking to deliver your messages softer and more positively.
- How having a presence will make it a lot easier to handle new situations and influence people.
- How not to get intimidated by others
- Why people don’t praise enough and how praising others can be effective
- How to say No and be loved for it.
- Learn how to substantially increase the effectiveness of your communication with others when you want to get their attention and request for information using a simple but powerful technique
Training provided by
The trainer has over 25 years’ experience of working within the pharma and biotech areas and gives her own perspective to the realities of day to day working life in these challenging environments having experienced it herself through her career as a project manager, line manager and global leader